Firm Profile Archives
Accenture Firm Profile
Accenture is a publicly traded global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Its business is organized in five operating groups and 19 industry groups. Its five operating groups include:
- Communications & high tech
- Financial services
- Health & public service
Combining comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments.
Accenture is ranked No. 53 among the world’s top global brands with a brand value of more than US$5 billion and currently they have a brand value of US$7.5 billion. Accenture has extensive relationships with the world’s leading companies and governments and work with organizations of all sizes—including 94 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three quarters of the Fortune Global 500. Their commitment to client satisfaction strengthens and extends their relationships. For example, of our top 100 clients in fiscal year 2010, based on revenue, all have been clients for at least five years, and 92 have been clients for at least 10 years.
The company generated net revenues of US$25.5 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2011 and is listed on the NYSE (ACN).
How Accenture has developed in the last decade
- Their workforce has nearly tripled—from 75,000 employees in 2001 to approximately 236,000 people today.
- They have transformed their operating structure—from a group of locally owned independent partnerships or other entities in 2001 to a public company with net revenues of US$25.5 billion today.
- They have expanded their presence in the emerging markets. In 2001, five percent of their employees were based in Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico and South Korea. Today 36 percent of their workforce resides in these markets.
Accenture wants to focus on accelerating the execution of their growth strategy while continuing to build on the strength of their brand—in helping their clients achieve high performance and in bringing positive changes to the communities in which they work and live.
Accenture’s “high performance business” strategy builds on their expertise in consulting, technology and outsourcing to help clients perform at the highest levels so they can create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders. Using their industry knowledge, service-offering expertise and technology capabilities, they identify new business and technology trends and develop solutions to help clients around the world:
- Enter new markets.
- Increase revenues in existing markets.
- Improve operational performance.
- Deliver their products and services more effectively and efficiently.
Accenture’s clients span the full range of industries around the world and include 94 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500. Clients include BC Hydro, Staples, and New York City.
- Number of employees: Approximately 236,000.
- Global Offices: Accenture has offices and operations in more than 200 cities in 54 countries.
- Canadian Offices: Accenture has 10 Canadian offices including Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Montreal and Ottawa.
- Staffing Model: Regional staffing model.
- Fortune magazine – Top 50 World’s Most Admired Companies (2003 – 2011)
- Diversity Inc. – Top 50 Companies for Diverity (2007 – 2011
- Fortune magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For (2009 – 2011)
- Hay Group’s – 2010 Best Companies for Leadership (2008-2010)
- Working Mother magazine 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers (2003 – 2010)
- Universum – 2010 World’s Top 50 Most Attractive Employers
- Hispanic Business – Diversity Elite 60 list in 2010
- Fortune.com – Top 100 MBA Employers for the past five years (2006-10)
BCG Firm Profile
BCG is a global management consulting firm and one of the world’s leading advisors on business strategy. BCG brings deep industry and functional expertise to the challenges their clients face. BCG has more than 40 years of experience in making change happen and has presence in more than 41 countries. BCG also has a broad expertise, which covers a wide range of industries including:
- Consumer Products
- Energy & Environment
- Engineered products & Project Business
- Financial Institutions
- Health Care Payers & Providers
- Media & Entertainment
- Medical Devices & Technology
- Metals & Mining
- Private Equity
- Process Industries
- Public Sector
- Social Impact
- Transportation Travel & Tourism
BCG partners with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG continues to lead the way on issues at the vanguard of management thinking and practice, such as global advantage, adaptive strategy, talent and leadership, and the digital economy.
For more than two decades, BCG has grown on average at about 15 percent per year showing strength in all regions. In the last five years they have opened 13 new offices. They have achieved increasing consultant satisfaction for four years straight. BCG is ranked number two among Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. They are one of only two companies to make the top dozen every year since 2006; earns first- place honors among smaller companies for the fourth time. The company generated net revenues of US$3.05 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2010.
BCG ensures that their clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. They seek to be agents of change—for their clients, their people, and society overall.
They are committed to:
- Creating competitive advantage through unique solutions
- Building capabilities and mobilizing organizations
- Driving sustainable impact
- Providing unparalleled opportunities for personal growth
BCG was founded by Bruce D. Henderson in 1963. Since its inception, BCG has been at the forefront of business management. Many of their ideas and concepts—such as time-based competition, the growth/share matrix, capabilities-based competition, and the experience curve—have had such a fundamental impact on the success of corporations that they have become central to the business lexicon.
Many of our deepest client relationships have been with companies that transformed their industries. This tradition of transforming businesses and industries continues to motivate us today.
BCG plans on staying ahead of the changes that occur around the world. Therefore they demand that executives remain abreast of emerging strategic phenomena—as well as innovative approaches and new tools for planning development. BCG’s Strategy practice and the firm’s Strategy Institute are committed to exploring the emerging frontiers of strategy—and distilling their most important lessons and insights for clients. These are among our current focus areas:
- Strategy and the Internet
- Strategy under Radical Uncertainty
- Advantage in a Networked World
- Strategy and Intellectual Property
With more than 40 years of experience in making change happen, BCG has developed approaches to mobilizing and enabling organizations that are unique, practical, and proven. Their presence in more than 41 countries makes them one of only a few consultancies that can deliver a truly global and unified team for clients. BCG does not believe in standard industry answers. They know that custom solutions yield the greatest competitive advantage and value for their clients. In collaboration with each client, they develop new insights about the business, mobilize the organization to act, drive tangible bottom-line results, and make the client organization more capable. BCG delivers value to clients in the following areas:
- Develop business and growth strategies
- Manage their business portfolios using a total shareholder return perspective
- Reshape their businesses through M&A and post merger integration efforts
- Create and execute strategies for global advantage
- Create collaborative and productive organizations
- Drive efficiency and productivity through approaches such as delayering, asset productivity, and time-based competition
- Build world-class capabilities in areas such as marketing, pricing, and supply chain management
- Envision and build their IT organizations of the future
- Better understand their customers, suppliers, and competitors in changing markets
- Reap the rewards of innovation
- Navigate the relationship between business and society, developing and executing winning strategies for sustainability and social impact
- Leverage the power of their people to maximum advantage
BCG’s clients include many of the world’s most ambitious organizations. Many of them rank among the world’s 500 largest companies, but they also advise midsized businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
They build long-term partnerships with most of their clients and work on all issues that drive competitive advantage and performance.
- Project Leader
- Number of employees: Approximately 4500 consultants
- Global Offices: BCG has 74 offices and operates in 42 countries.
- Canadian Offices: BCG has one Canadian Office in Toronto
- Staffing Model: Regional staffing model.
- Starting Salary: $70,000 – $75,000
- FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” – BCG placed second overall on list for 2011, marking the sixth consecutive year that the firm has been ranked in the top dozen. FORTUNE noted BCG’s development and diversity initiatives, compensation, benefits, and steps taken to help employees weather the downturn.
- Vault.com “Top 10 Internships” – Named BCG’s internship program one of its “Top 10 Internships” for 2011. Vault noted that the apprenticeship model used by BCG gives interns access to BCG employees at all levels as they gain experience on client cases, work with other summer interns and full-time associates, and network at BCG events. Also, about 90 percent of interns are offered full-time positions.
- Working Mother Magazine – Rated BCG as one of the best companies for women with families for the fifth consecutive year. BCG offers a wide range of family-friendly benefits, such as flex-time, part-time opportunities, telecommuting, generous parental leave and backup childcare assistance. In addition, our global Women’s Initiative provides a foundation of support and guidance to help women build successful careers.
Newsletter and other resources
Deloitte Firm Profile
Deloitte Consulting (legal entity under Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited) is the world’s largest management consulting firm. Deloitte Consulting is the most established consulting entity out of the Big Four Accounting firms.
Deloitte Consulting has three main focuses – Human Capital, Strategy & Operations, and Technology.
With industry insights and proven experience, the Human Capital professionals specialize in integrating business, HR and talent strategies to create business value through people.
Strategy & Operations teams bring deep industry experience, rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to our clients’ most complex business problems. Their strategy capabilities span corporate and business unit strategy, M&A strategy, and sales and marketing. Deloitte Consulting’s operational capabilities reflect the unique issues facing manufacturing organizations, service businesses and infrastructure operations. These are joined with capabilities in finance, performance management and business restructuring.
Finally, Deloitte Consulting’s technology teams take an intense industry focus working with business leaders to solve their toughest challenges through applied innovation – backed by worldwide resources, deep strategic alliances, and full-spectrum delivery across strategy, implementation, management and operations.
Rankings: (from Vault.com)
Deloitte Consulting also ranks #5 for consulting firm prestige.
Deloitte helps their clients and their people excel. But according to them their mission is more than just a statement — it’s a way of life. Their vision is to be the best professional services firm. Their mission and vision commit us them to an unparalleled, team-based client service. It’s the environment Deloitte has created for their employees by living with shared values and adhering to their ethical principles and code of conduct.
Deloitte has more than 150 years of experience. Since 1845, the founders of Deloitte began pioneering the development of professional standards. Today, Deloitte continues to reflect their progressive mindset by serving their clients with results, quality and integrity.
Vancouver 2010 Winter Games
Deloitte was the Official Professional Services Provider to the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games. Deloitte provided full-time resources to work in the finance group at VANOC as well as delivered Internal Audit, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, French Translation.
Key Facts (Deloitte Touche Canada)
|Headquarters (Canada)||Toronto and Montreal, Canada|
|Revenue FY 2010||$1,387 million|
|Main Offices for Consulting||Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver|
Current Firm Profile
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. McKinsey & Company is the trusted advisor and counselor to many of the most influential businesses and institutions in the world. It serves more than 80 percent of Fortune magazine’s list of the Most Admired Companies. McKinsey & Company is a global organization, with three offices in Canada (Toronto, Montréal, and Calgary) that are part of a global network of more than 90 offices in more than 50 countries. The employee body speaks over 120 languages and represents over 100 nationalities. McKinsey & Company operates as one firm, bringing the best experts from around McKinsey and from our external network to each engagement. McKinsey & Company’s specialties include; strategy, consulting, operations, business technology, organization. McKinsey & Company also has a broad expertise, which covers a wide range of industries, 23 to be exact:
In 2008, the Canadian office of McKinsey & Company celebrated 40 years of success in helping Canadian businesses. They work with many of Canada’s largest companies, as well as with scores of innovative companies that are shaping the country’s new economy. The Canadian offices are also committed to unleashing the potential of their consultants. The Canadian office is intensely focused on coaching and professional development and has produced many of McKinsey’s most distinguished leaders. The Canadian office includes a team of nearly 170 consultants and 90 support staff. Their experience is gained through working on client studies across the world, participating in global transfer programs, joining one of our specialist practices, or a combination of the three.
Even though McKinsey has numerous offices worldwide they operate as one firm. They maintain consistently high standards for service and people so that they can always bring the best team of minds from around the world with the broadest range of industry and functional experience to bear on every engagement.
Mission & Values
For more than 80 years, McKinsey & Company’s mission has been to help their clients make distinctive, lasting, and substantial improvements in their performance. The firm also strives to constantly building a great firm that attracts, develops, excites, and retains exceptional people.
McKinsey’s value system gravitates around the beliefs that McKinsey will be successful if its clients are successful as well. Their main values focus on:
- Putting their client’s interests ahead of their own
- Behaving like professionals
- Keeping client information confidential
- Telling the truth as they see it
- Delivering the best service to every client as cost effectively as possible
McKinsey & Company was founded in Chicago in 1926 by James O. McKinsey. Since McKinsey’s death in 1937, McKinsey & Company has grown to becoming a very prominent figure in the consulting industry globally, and remains competitive through its progressive policies and focus on operating as one centralized firm.
- Top employer of MBA graduates from top schools since 1996
- Over $6.6 billion USD in revenue in the fiscal year ending in 2010
- Over 17000 employees, 9000 of them being consultants
- Due to the “up and out” system, an estimated 25% of employees are new on a yearly basis
- McKinsey & Company has won numerous awards, including the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, and the Employees’ Choice of 50 Best Places to Work award.
- McKinsey ranked 2nd in Consulting Firm Rankings of 2012 by Vault in their overall category.